In the landscaping industry, when talking about hardscapes it is understood to mean the paved areas such as patios and walkways. Hardscapes also refers to retaining walls and other landscaping and natural stone uses. Hardscapes really allow our imaginations to run wild. Today, we are able to accomplish just about anything you can dream of with various styles and types of hardscapes.
The Benefits of Hardscaping
- Unlike living plants, hardscaping elements are not alive, so they require no water, mowing, pruning, sun, etc. In short there is very little to no maintenance required for hardscapes.
- Hardscaping can greatly increase the accessibility of your property. Pathways and walkways are considered hardscapes. Elements like pathways can help you and your guests to enjoy more of your property.
- You can create texture, depth and visual diversity by adding hardscapes. Instead of a yard that is only soft and green, hardscaping can help to give dimension, create hard edges and lines to your landscape.
- Effective hardscaping can help to reduce erosion opportunities.
- Hardscapes can also help to increase property values. A plant or softscape can die or turn brown during times of extreme heat or drought, while a hardscape is permanent and will maintain its appearance despite difficult weather conditions.
- Courtyard walls or other hardscaping elements can help to create privacy in your yard and help to separate boundary lines between close neighbors.
- Hardscaping can greatly increase your family’s enjoyment of the outdoors and ability to be outside for an extended period of time. A porch or patio with a seating area, an outdoor kitchen, or an arbor that provides shade are all considered hardscaping.
How Can We Help?
Get A Free Quote Or Call Us (615) 642-8003